What Does it Mean to Eat Real Food?[column size=”one_half” is_last=”false”]
- Eat whole, natural foods.
- Eat only foods that will spoil, but eat them before they do.
- Eat naturally-raised meat including fish, seafood, poultry, beef, lamb, game, organ meats and eggs.
- Eat whole, naturally-produced milk products from pasture-fed cows, preferably raw and/or fermented, such as whole yogurt, cultured butter, whole cheeses and fresh and sour cream (crème fraiche).
- Use only traditional fats and oils including butter and other animal fats, extra virgin olive oil, expeller expressed sesame and flax oil and the tropical oils—coconut and palm.
- Use whole grains and nuts that have been prepared by soaking, sprouting or sour leavening to neutralize phytic acid and other anti-nutrients.
- Include enzyme-enhanced lacto-fermented vegetables, fruits, beverages and condiments in your diet on a regular basis.
[/column] [column size=”one_half” is_last=”true”]
- Prepare homemade meat stocks from the bones of chicken, beef, lamb or fish and use liberally in soups and sauces (or find a source).
- Beverages limited to water, milk, kombucha, coffee & tea, and to help you keep your sanity, wine and beer (all in moderation, except water!).
- Make your own salad dressing using raw vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and expeller expressed flax oil.
- Use natural sweeteners in moderation, such as raw honey, maple syrup, and stevia powder.